- European reinsurers' 2017 results support Fitch Ratings' view of the sector's resilience to catastrophe losses
- Global Data reports that over 30% of UK consumers say they would purchase some form of insurance product from alternative providers such as Google, Apple, Facebook, and Amazon
- UK Comprehensive car insurance premiums continued to fall during the first quarter
- ABI responds positively to PRA's proposed change of position on the use of dynamic VA and external audit requirements
- PPL goes live for accident and health classes
- AXIS Capital launches Cyber Center of Excellence
- Beazley reports that cloud-based office solutions are coming under increasing attack from cyber-criminals expired
- Lockton appoints EVP- Chief Digital Officer expired
- Marsh, with IBM, ACORD, and ISN, announces the first commercial blockchain solution for proof of insurance expired
- ConTe.it, Admiral's Italian brand, deploys Guidewire solutions expired
- Konsileo commercial broker InsurTech secures £2.7m in funding expired
- Generali closes sale of operations in Columbia and Panama expired
10th January 2018
AXIS Capital receives Lloyd's approval to create single Managing Agency structure
AXIS Capital Holdings and its operating subsidiaries have announced that it has received authorization from Lloyd’s for AXIS Managing Agency Ltd to commence management and oversight of Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129. The authorisation became effective 11st January, and creates a single managing agent structure for AXIS’ operations at Lloyd’s.
Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129 will operate alongside AXIS Syndicate 1686, which AXIS Managing Agency currently manages. AXIS has initiated plans to consolidate its Lloyd’s business into AXIS Syndicate 1686, under management of AXIS Managing Agency, and anticipates completing that process from 1st January 2019.
“This marks an important milestone in our continued integration of AXIS’ international specialty insurance business with Novae,” said Mark Gregory, ceo, AXIS Managing Agency, and ceo, AXIS Insurance International Division. “We look forward to continuing to provide our customers with a diversified and balanced portfolio of specialist classes.”
AXIS Syndicate 1686 and Novae Syndicate 2007 underwrite specialist classes that include marine, cyber, energy, aviation, terrorism, construction, property, casualty, political risk and political violence, professional indemnity, and reinsurance, among others.
SPS 6129 is a Lloyd’s special purpose syndicate that underwrites US facilities business. It launched in January 2016 as a collaboration between Novae and Securis Investment Partners LLP, an insurance linked securities fund manager.
AXIS Capital Trends(148 articles)