- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- UK insurance trade associations respond to latest Brexit White Paper
- Munich Re says first half catastrophe losses lowest since 2005 estimated at around $33bn
- Lloyd’s launches a new digital distribution platform– Lloyd’s Bridge–designed to quickly, easily and efficiently connect insurance businesses and entrepreneurs with Lloyd’s underwriters
- FICO and Ovum assess company views on level of cyber security across market sectors
- AXA XL is the new group branding
- PRA publishes further Solvency II Consultation Paper, Policy Statements and Supervisory Updates expired
- Accenture to serve as the lead framework architect for The Institutes RiskBlock Alliance-a blockchain consortium for the risk management and insurance industry expired
- Next Insurance InsurTech raises $83m in series B round of funding expired
- Shift Technology to develop health insurance counter fraud database for H I Counter Fraud Group(HICFG) expired
- SSP's Keychoice partners with DAS UK Group to provide its broking community with access to two new commercial propositions for businesses through its e-trading platform expired
- LIIBA creates new working group, the Broker Delegated Authority Working Group(BDAWG) focussing the work of the London Market Target Operating Model and its impact on binders and line slips expired
10th January 2018
AXIS Capital receives Lloyd's approval to create single Managing Agency structure
AXIS Capital Holdings and its operating subsidiaries have announced that it has received authorization from Lloyd’s for AXIS Managing Agency Ltd to commence management and oversight of Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129. The authorisation became effective 11st January, and creates a single managing agent structure for AXIS’ operations at Lloyd’s.
Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129 will operate alongside AXIS Syndicate 1686, which AXIS Managing Agency currently manages. AXIS has initiated plans to consolidate its Lloyd’s business into AXIS Syndicate 1686, under management of AXIS Managing Agency, and anticipates completing that process from 1st January 2019.
“This marks an important milestone in our continued integration of AXIS’ international specialty insurance business with Novae,” said Mark Gregory, ceo, AXIS Managing Agency, and ceo, AXIS Insurance International Division. “We look forward to continuing to provide our customers with a diversified and balanced portfolio of specialist classes.”
AXIS Syndicate 1686 and Novae Syndicate 2007 underwrite specialist classes that include marine, cyber, energy, aviation, terrorism, construction, property, casualty, political risk and political violence, professional indemnity, and reinsurance, among others.
SPS 6129 is a Lloyd’s special purpose syndicate that underwrites US facilities business. It launched in January 2016 as a collaboration between Novae and Securis Investment Partners LLP, an insurance linked securities fund manager.
AXIS Capital Trends(148 articles)