- CMA's independent survey scores banks on quality of service
- VTB reaches agreement on the acquisition of Bank Vozrozhdenie
- House purchase activity slowed in June but remortgaging activity remains high, says UK Finance
- FCA makes it easier for customers to use and compare current accounts
- FreeAgent secures Open Banking registration from FCA
- New FCA rules double pressure on traditional banks to provide seamless service, says Intelenet
- Deutsche Bank Wealth Management steps up growth plans expired
- DevOps adoption will accelerate over the next two years in the financial services sector, finds Claranet expired
- NatWest and RBS launch 2018 Student Account expired
- Fundsquire hires new UK Managing Director expired
- Robo-advice will offer competitive advantage to traditional wealth managers, says GlobalData expired
- RBS launches the ‘100 Women’ event series expired
25th May 2018
Mastercard launches Accelerate to continue helping Fintechs
Mastercard has created Accelerate, a new initiative to drive growth at scale for the fast-evolving Fintech industry. The initiative is designed to support the ambitions of players in the Fintech sector through tailored support arrangements including access to insight, tools, technology and investment to support innovation.
Designed to operate alongside the successful Start Path programme, Accelerate broadens and deepens the firm’s engagement with the payment Fintech community including the next generation of digital banks.
Tools include dedicated Mastercard licensing specialists to support market expansion, in-market access to account expertise to fast track growth, and unparalleled ability to connect to comprehensive processing assets. Resources will include Mastercard Advisors for in-market execution support, data insights and analytics. The programme also provides market-based resources for related strategic investing and accommodative early-stage collateral requirements.
Ann Cairns, Vice Chairman, Mastercard, said: “Creating this initiative is the next step in our long-term focus on being partner of choice for Fintech companies around the world. Globally, the Fintech community is one of the most vibrant and fast-paced, and Mastercard is committed to help these fast-growing businesses unleash their full potential.
"With extensive experience in supporting growth of the financial services industry, Mastercard is uniquely positioned to provide the platform which can propel Fintech businesses along increasingly ambitious growth paths.”