- Bank branches closing at an alarming rate with 60 shutting a month, warns ‘Which?’
- Starling Bank launches new gambling blocker technology
- Nomura's overseas subsidiary systems hit by unauthorised access
- Re-mortgaging bounces back as borrowers put their house in order, says UK Finance
- NatWest trials new way to pay for online shopping
- Equifax joins Scottish Financial Enterprise
- Bank of America surpasses one million users on Erica expired
- Wealth managers targeting HNW entrepreneur clients should foster inter-departmental collaboration, says GlobalData expired
- Bank branches play an important role in local communities, says UK Finance expired
- Raiffeisen choses Kompany for next-generation business KYC solution expired
- Banks respond to ‘Which?’ report on branch closures expired
- Barclays’ mobile banking app comes top in the UK expired
25th May 2018
Mastercard launches Accelerate to continue helping Fintechs
Mastercard has created Accelerate, a new initiative to drive growth at scale for the fast-evolving Fintech industry. The initiative is designed to support the ambitions of players in the Fintech sector through tailored support arrangements including access to insight, tools, technology and investment to support innovation.
Designed to operate alongside the successful Start Path programme, Accelerate broadens and deepens the firm’s engagement with the payment Fintech community including the next generation of digital banks.
Tools include dedicated Mastercard licensing specialists to support market expansion, in-market access to account expertise to fast track growth, and unparalleled ability to connect to comprehensive processing assets. Resources will include Mastercard Advisors for in-market execution support, data insights and analytics. The programme also provides market-based resources for related strategic investing and accommodative early-stage collateral requirements.
Ann Cairns, Vice Chairman, Mastercard, said: “Creating this initiative is the next step in our long-term focus on being partner of choice for Fintech companies around the world. Globally, the Fintech community is one of the most vibrant and fast-paced, and Mastercard is committed to help these fast-growing businesses unleash their full potential.
"With extensive experience in supporting growth of the financial services industry, Mastercard is uniquely positioned to provide the platform which can propel Fintech businesses along increasingly ambitious growth paths.”