- Lloyd's Brussels office officially opens for business ready for Brexit
- World Economic Forum's Regional Risks for Doing Business report indicates significant differences in risk perceptions across the eight regions covered-cyber attacks heads most developed regions
- IAIS concludes 25th annual Conference-“We are now beginning a pivot to a greater focus on emerging and accelerating trends impacting both our developed and emerging market Members, including FinTech, cyber risks, climate risk and sustainable development challenges" says Secretary General.
- Pool Re publishes its annual Terrorism Threat & Mitigation Report focusing on the key terrorist events and developments in 2018
- Marsh-JLT Specialty formed
- Allen to chair LMA Finance Committee
- Oman joins IAIS Multilateral Memorandum of Understanding (MMoU) expired
- InsurTech Iotatech raises £1m in second round of funding expired
- Startupbootcamp InsurTech appoints Manjit Rana as managing director for Corporate Innovation in Insurance expired
- RSA to restructure its specialty and wholesale business on a more focussed basis expired
- Sedgwick acquires Irish loss adjuster expired
- AXIS Capital estimates Hurricane MIchael losses at $100-120m expired
14th October 2018
Ascot's CEO Brooks to Chair LMA
Andrew Brooks, ceo of Ascot Underwriting, has been appointed the next chairman of the Lloyd’s Market Association(LMA) with effect from 1st January 2019.
Brooks, who has served on the LMA Board as a member since 2012, will succeed Neil Maidment, who will be retiring as chairman at the end of the year.
Brooks comments “I am honoured to be appointed LMA chairman and will seek to build on Neil’s successful work in ensuring that the LMA effectively represents the interests of Lloyd’s managing agents.
I am looking forward to working with Sheila Cameron[who begins her role as LMA’s ceo from 7th January] to influence Lloyd’s strategy on behalf of the LMA membership. I am also keen to see market modernisation delivered effectively and for the LMA to continue to play a vital role providing technical support to the underwriting community.”
David Gittings, chief executive of LMA, added “I am delighted to welcome Andrew as our new chairman. With around 30 years’ experience within the Lloyd’s market, and six years as an LMA Board member, he is well placed to lead the LMA Board so as to best serve the interests of our members.”
“I would like to thank Neil Maidment for his vital contribution as a Board member since 2011, including his three-year tenure as our chairman, and also for his contribution to the market”.
Lloyd's Trends(2,618 articles)